This Saucy Cow Chimichurri Chicken Avocado Salad deserves a DRUM ROLL… Using our home-made Chimichurri sauce as a dressing that doubles up as a marinade keeps all the incredible flavours of chimichurri in this bowl!
With minimal ingredients in the salad itself, the Saucy Cow Chimichurri is the star of this dish. Sliced tomatoes and red onion make for a typical Argentine salad, and with the addition of avocados, this salad will suddenly become your favourite!
You’re going to need to use some of the sauce to coat or marinade your chicken thighs (or breasts). It’s ALL about FLAVOUR!
How to cook the chicken
Fire up your grills or skillets! Baste your chicken in a little chimichurri to keep the flavour locked in.
Use the remaining chimichurri sauce as a dressing! Chimichurri has never tasted better! Chimichurri Chicken Avocado Salad will soon be your favourite!
- Pour 4 tablespoons of Chimichurri sauce out into a shallow dish to coat the chicken fillets and allow to marinade for 20 minutes
- Refrigerate the reserved untouched marinade to use as a dressing.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat and grill chicken fillets on each side until golden, crispy, and cooked through.
- Once chicken is cooked, set aside, and allow to rest.
- Slice chicken into strips and prepare salad with leaves, tomatoes, onion, and avocado slices.
- Drizzle with remaining Chimichurri dressing and serve with (optional) extra parsley leaves.