Saucy Cow Mustard, Apple, Bacon Cranberry Salad! Cranberries, Spinach, Walnuts And BACON! All drizzled with the most perfect Dressing!
This salad is absolutely amazing, and all your side salad dreams come true! You can also add Chicken to this recipe if you are feeling like Bacon isn’t enough!
How to make it?
- This salad is so easy is doesn’t need instructions.
- Make sure your ingredients are FRESH! There’s nothing worse than soggy spinach. You can also use a spinach salad mix OR romaine lettuce OR even raw Kale if you’re into it!
- Put your bacon on to cook first while you prep the rest of your ingredients.
- You can really add anything you want to this. We once used walnuts that we threw into a frying pan with a dash of ground cumin, it was amazing! You don’t have to do this, of course, it’s completely up to you. You could also use pecans, almonds, or cashews.
- Cranberries! They add just the right punch of sweetness on your taste buds. If you don’t like them, sub them with chopped dried dates, apricots, or figs!
- Also, let’s talk Feta cheese. Try to find a fresh Feta instead of a packaged one. Fresh Feta is super creamy and doesn’t beat the hardened Feta you find in plastic packaging.
- Onion rings? YES PLEASE! If you don’t like the punch of red onion flavour, you can soak them in water for a good 10 minutes. This turns the pungent onion flavour into a milder one.
- Apples, which kind? We suggest green Granny Smith for a more bitter-tasting-apple, or red delicious apples. You can also use Gala, Fuji, or Pink Lady.
- We don’t add any salt in the dressing purely because the bacon and feta have enough salt to balance this salad out nicely. You can add salt and pepper though. It’s up to you!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 teaspoons Saucy Cow mustard
- Add all the SALAD ingredients into a large salad bowl.
- Combine all the DRESSING ingredients in a smaller bowl and mix well. Pour the dressing over the salad.