Chicken breast, wrapped in bacon, smothered in our Saucy cow barbecue sauce, and topped with melted cheese. A British pub classic that you can easily make at home for a quick weeknight dinner.
No pans are needed – we cook it all right in the baking dish.
I love how quick and easy this recipe is – a few minutes of prep, then the oven does all the work.
- Chicken – chicken breasts are best, as thighs are a little small. Be sure to trip the chicken breast of any fatty bits you don’t want to eat.
- Saucy Cow BBQ sauce
- Bacon – we recommend rindless streaky bacon – these thin strips are best for wrapping around the chicken
- Cheese – use a mixture of grated mozzarella (gives a nice stretch) and strong cheddar (for flavour).
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
- Wrap each chicken breast in two rashers/strips of bacon and place in a shallow baking dish.
- Place in the oven and cook for 25 minutes – until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove the dish with the chicken from the oven. Spoon the Saucy Cow BBQ sauce on and around the chicken.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the cheddar and mozzarella.
- Place back in the oven for 5 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Serve the chicken with mashed potatoes and vegetables, or chips and a side salad!