Get ready for the best pizza you have ever tasted. This Buffalo Chicken Pizza is the stuff dreams are made of! Spicy shredded Buffalo Chicken in a zesty buffalo ranch sauce, covered in piles of melty cheese hot and ready on your table in 20 minutes!
what goes in buffalo chicken dip
- Saucy cow pineapple buffalo sauce
- Sour cream
- Block of cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Blue cheese is OPTIONAL for serving. If you’re not a fan, you can leave it out.
Tips to make the best dip
SOFTEN CREAM CHEESE close to room temperature. Take it out of the fridge for a good 20-30 before cooking. It will continue to soften once added to the pan
CHICKEN, pre-cooked is fine! Shred and pull apart with two forks or cut into cubes.
CAST-IRON SKILLET, this recipe prepares and bakes your dip in a cast-iron skillet or oven-proof pan. If you don’t have either of those, prepare all ingredients as per recipe instructions in a regular pan on the hob, then transfer the pineapple buffalo dip mixture into a 1-litre baking dish and continue from there.
What’s good with buffalo dip?
Such a versatile dip it can pretty much be served with anything! Our favourite snacks include Celery sticks, carrot sticks, red bell pepper sticks, sliced cucumber, crusty bread pieces, tortilla chips or potato wedges
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1/2 cup Saucy Cow Pineapple Buffalo Sauce
- 250g block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup white Cheddar cheese freshly shredded
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional to serve)
- 2 teaspoons chives
- Celery sticks carrot sticks, tortilla chips, crusty bread pieces, potato chips, for serving
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Arrange oven rack to the middle of your oven.
- In an 8-inch cast-iron skillet (or an ovenproof pan), melt the butter over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant (30 seconds). Add the chicken and pineapple buffalo sauce and simmer until sauce has thickened and reduced by half (about 2 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cream cheese, mix until combined. Take off heat, stir through sour cream and top with both cheddar cheese(s) over the top.
- Bake until bubbling around the edges and the cheese has melted (about 10 minutes). grill for a further minute to brown on top.
- Immediately garnish with blue cheese and Chives. Serve with vegetable sticks, chips, crusty bread pieces for dipping.